3 Key Features Every Great PTO Tracking Software Should Have (Does Yours?)
Today, PTO tracking software companies are a dime a dozen, and the number of different features and options they offer are staggering, to say the least.
For a large percentage of small businesses new to PTO (paid time off) tracking software, it can all get overwhelming fast.
Some features seemingly require a mystical technical language in order to understand what they do, while some companies confuse consumers with the sheer number of features they offer.
It’s enough to cause some business owners to give up and throw in the towel, choosing instead to stick with the outdated, unstable, and painfully slow system of manual tracking attendance via a spreadsheet .
If you’re currently at risk of feeling like the business owner described above, then we strongly encourage you to keep reading.
We have a secret to share with you that will make choosing a PTO tracking software infinitely easier …
The Secret to Finding The Best PTO Tracking Software That Fits Your Needs
Did You Know: Regardless of your business’ particular attendance tracking needs, you can instantly weed out a large percentage of PTO tracking software companies just by glancing at their features.
How’s that possible?
By checking to see if the software contains a specific set of CORE features.
If the software doesn’t offer these core features, then you simply eliminate them from your list of possible suitors and move on…
Because without these core features the software will prove to be more of a hindrance than a benefit.
The question remains …
What are these core features, and why are they so important?
We’ll spend the rest of this article addressing those two questions. And by the end of it, you’ll be well equipped to confidently choose your next PTO tracking software (whether it be SoftTime Online or another provider).
The 3 Key Features Every PTO Tracking Software Should Have
Feature #1: Secure Online Database and Reliable Servers
The days of local software installation are over. Which means no more manual installation, software issues, or delayed system access.
And most importantly, no more worrying about the corporate computer crashing and losing all of your employees’ past and current attendance data.
Cloud-based software is the future, and for the premier PTO tracking software companies, that future is now.
The PTO tracking software you decide to use should have the following:
- Cloud-based software and database storage
- Strict security guidelines
- Dedicated servers and databases that are password-protected
Feature #2: Built-In Accrual Calculators
One of the most popular reasons companies make the switch to automated software is so they no longer have to manually calculate accrued PTO.
Yet some automated PTO tracking software still requires manual input of formulas for specific PTO accrual rates.
Premium PTO tracking software has accrual rate formulas for virtually every type of rate imaginable (from yearly rates to hourly rates and everything in-between). And, they’re already set up to calculate the accrued time off with each pay period.
With quality attendance tracking software, your only job should be to verify the number of hours worked for each employee. The software should then be able to take care of the rest.
Feature #3: Easy-To-Use User Interface (UI)
Imagine you were given exclusive access to a machine that could print legitimate $100 bills on demand (and it was completely legal).
The only catch is that you have to figure out how to work the machine, which involves pushing a series of 10,000 different buttons in a specific order. And you have no instructions and no one to help you figure it out.
Chances are good you’ll get frustrated, drive yourself mad, or give up before you ever get the machine figured out. The feature of the machine is fantastic! But what good does it do you if you can’t even work it?
That’s what trying to operate PTO tracking software with a poor UI (User Interface) is like. It might be super powerful and have all kinds of great features… but if you can’t seem to figure it out, thanks to a poorly designed user interface, then what’s the benefit of using the software?
Make sure the software you decide to use has a free trial (or at least some form of refund policy) so you can take the system for a test run before you commit to buy. That’s the only way you’ll be able to safely test the user interface.
How SoftTime Online Meets The 3 Core Features (And More!)
Seeing how we just so happen to provide PTO tracking software, it’s only fitting that we explain how SoftTime Online meets the above three core features. ;)
(On a serious note: We encourage you to research other PTO tracking software providers, also. Mainly because we want you to choose a software that best fits your business’ tracking needs, but also because we’re confident that our software outshines the competition in features and pricing.)
Here’s what we have to offer your company:
- Secure and Reliable Database. Our servers and cloud-based databases are encrypted and password-protected using the strictest standards. We have been given a “Grade A” ranking via our Comodo SSL Certificate, a higher level of security than some national bank chains have! If you want to learn more about how we store your info, feel free to contact one of our customer service reps.
- Built-In Accrual Calculators. You name it, we have a formula for it. From yearly to hourly accrual rates and everything in between, you can customize rates to suit all of your business’ needs.
- Easy-to-Use Interface. If you know how to point and click a mouse, then you’re more than capable of using our software. It’s easy to see, easy to read, and easy to understand. We believe true beauty lies in simplicity and functionality.
- 24-Hour Access. Doesn’t matter the location or time, as long as you have a connection to the Internet, you can access your records and databases and approve time off requests (through the system or directly through email).
- Employee Self View. Give employees real time access to their absences, accrual balances, and more. Eliminate all the PTO-based questions you get throughout the day.
Does all of the above sound appealing? Great!
We’d love the opportunity to share with you even more of the benefits you’ll get with SoftTime Online’s PTO tracking software.