The No-Fluff Guide to Choosing the Right Time Off Manager For Your Business
Want to have your mind blown for a second?
Go to Google and search the phrase “time off manager.” (Or click here to have it done for you.)
The selection is impressive, yes?
Shopping for time off manager software today is like trying to decide what to get from the dessert bar at an “all you can eat” buffet. There’s a lot to choose from and they all look appetizing.
But just like with buffet desserts, some time off managers aren’t as good as they look. Some are downright bad.
And others only contain a small fraction of what you actually need.
The truth is that not everything offered in certain time off managers will be beneficial or useful to your business (even with the premium options).
So how do you know what to look for when choosing a time off manager? The answer to that question lies within a series of different questions…
3 Key Questions To Ask Before Shopping For a Time Off Manager
Before you even begin searching for potential attendance tracking software suitors, you first need to ask yourself the following series of questions.
(This is IMPORTANT! Your answers to these questions will ultimately help decide which time off manager you choose to use with your business.)
Here are the questions:
- What needs does your company have in regards to attendance tracking? Do you need simple vacation accrual calculation and attendance tracking, or a complete suite for managing payroll and HR functions, as well?
- What size attendance software does your company need? Is it a larger corporation that takes care of its own operations? Then you’ll want to start your search with software that offers payroll, attendance, and HR programs.
- What features do you want the most in an attendance software? 24-hour access and email acceptance? Simple accrual calculations? In-depth report generation? Be as specific as possible here, but also be willing to make minor adjustments if needed.
What To Look For in ANY Time Off Manager Software/Company
Once you’ve thoroughly answered the above questions, you’ll have a solid idea of what you’re looking for in a time off manager.
Equipped with that knowledge, you can start looking for potential attendance software companies.
And when that time comes, there are a few important things you should look for with each piece of software you consider purchasing:
- Do the features and benefits of this particular software company meet your business’ needs? This should always be your first question, and your first indicator whether or not the software will be a good fit for your business.
- How well does the attendance software company understand your business and its industry? Not all industries record time and attendance the same. Some have their own specific guidelines to follow while others are more relaxed. Regardless, your attendance software company should have a working knowledge of your industry, and software that caters specifically to it.
- Does the company offer a trial of their software? While it’s not an absolute deal breaker if they don’t offer one, it should definitely raise a red flag. Companies should be confident enough in their product to offer a free trial period, or at the very least offer a refund policy.
- What kind of support do they offer? And how well does it perform? Good customer support translates into a pleasant experience throughout the duration or your relationship with the software company. While it can be hard to determine the quality of customer support without first investing in the product, you can typically get a good idea by paying attention to the interaction(s) you have with the company during the sales process. Ask tons of questions, annoy them if you need to, and see how well they respond in kind.
- Does the company have any references? Testimonials? Legit, well-rounded attendance tracking software companies usually have an established customer base complete with praise-filled testimonials and quality references. Don’t be afraid to ask the company for specific references you can contact. If they can’t provide them, buyer beware.
Think of this of this process as a courtship between you and the software provider. And treat it as such.
There’s a good chance you’ll be in a relationship with this company for a substantial period of time, so don’t be hasty in your decision. Take your time and make sure the company is a good fit for you and your company.
Where Does SoftTime Online Fit Into All Of This?
That’s a great question! And we’d love for you to answer it for us.
How can you do that? …
Well since you’re already on the site, you might as well contact us, and allow us to humor you with the details of what we have to offer, and show you how it can benefit both you and your business.
See what we did right there? Very sneaky! ;) Contact us today!